Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Potty Training?

Hyrum has really wanted to go potty. So I decided to at least let him try. Hey, it is not my carpet yet! We went to walmart and got him a potty. He loves it! It makes a song every time he wee wees. Even if he doesn't get it completely it will mean less accidents in our new house. He really is young to be potty training, but how can I tell him "no"! In these pictures he is on the potty and eating a corn dog. He decided to stick the corn dog on his finger instead of on the stick.
Alright, here is the background for this picture. I was doing a quick 10 minute pickup before Don got home. I thought I would clean the whole time with the kids helping. Hyrum started crying to get his diaper changed, and I called Adelyn to come help me. I tell Hyrum I will change him in just a minute and Adelyn comes running full speed and hits the doorway. Don walks in the house. Moral of the story is that picking up makes life worse! !)

I haven't had a lot of time to do fun things lately. We will be closing less then 2 weeks now and I am soooo busy. My picture taking has been on hold. I even got a new photo editing software and I haven't even tried to use it. I can't wait to get into the new house.

6 comments:

Ariana Rose said...

I can vividly picture you trying to pick up for Don and the chaos. I guess because that describes me a lot, lol.

Poor Addy!
Sierra has a dark bruise on both of her eyes this week! It looks like I beat her.

Way to go, Hyrum! Sierra goes on the potty sometimes, but there's no way I'm brave enough to potty train her.

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Hyrum on the potty had me cracking up. So cute!

I can totally relate to the chaos of a ten minute pick up. I can't believe we can get so much picked up while dealing with so much other stuff the last ten minutes before they get home. I am usually holding Bryce in one arm so he will stop crying and franticly cleanng up with my free hand. I often have to pick things up with my toes because I can't bend down while holding Bryce. Then, while all that is going on, Carter is undoubtedly making a huge mess somewhere, getting hurt, or throwing a huge fit. Such is the exciting life of a young mother.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I felt so sorry for Addie when I saw that bruise on her head. Poor little thing! The picture of her with the package of frozen vegetables on her head is a great picture, even though it is about a sad situation. The look on her face is classic.

Unknown said...

what happened to Addie?

Unknown said...

Oh,Addie hit the doorway. She really got hurt!!!!

Anonymous said...

Every time I check your blog I think, "Oh, poor Addie!"
Then I think, "I can't believe I forgot to say anything about it in my comment. But if I say something now, I'll look like a retard."

Well, I decided to look like a retard. That looks like it really hurt! It makes me so sad when little kids get hurt.